What is access to justice?
The rule of law and human rights of all people are core tenets of our modern democracy and having access to justice, is an important part of protecting those rights.
Access to justice might include:
- getting the right information about the law and how it applies to you;
- understanding when you have a legal problem and knowing what to do about it;
- getting the right help with a legal problem, including from a lawyer;
- being able to deal with your legal problem and being able to understand the outcome; and
- making sure your voice is heard when laws are made.
WHAT WE CAN DO
- Support you to find legal representation through community legal centres, which are free of charge.
WHAT WE CAN'T DO
- We can't provide legal advice or write letters of support
Please complete the form below if you need further help or have questions.